As an update to the last two posts; The DP at Alta was a fail, and the
manly bike ride was very manly and occurred in a very manly and old
spicey way.

Alta DP: Wade and I were turned around at the mount of the canyon due
to avalanche control work being done on the highway.

bike ride: Dustin and I had a good leisurely time climbing up dry creek
to the shoreline and a very speedy decent back down via the bobsled. I
can't speak for Dustin, but i would say my levels for this year are; 90%
leg strength/50% arms, 65% confidence and about 75-80% max bobsled
speed. 100% being where I feel my max levels can/ought to be. My legs
are feeling mighty strong after ski season, but my arms were sorely out
of shape, which did little to aid my confidence on the technical and
jarring sections of the ride. Also, both Dustin and I expressed a
feeling that the "flow" just wasn't there, but hey its early season so
big deal wanna fight about it? I will update at the end of the year and
report on where those levels are.

URC Updates

Posted on

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Leave a Reply