This is bike related, but only partly.  I am looking for people to help me with a personal project of mine, a short bike film. 

Here is the plan.  I want to film the "secret south" part of the upper Temple Quarry trail, for various reasons including; proximity to the road, low volume of traffic, very technical...but mail for this.


Its an amazingly place to be


With lots of really cool features


So I've been doing my homework and I have come up with a list of things I need, A few shots I want and how to get them, but I need your help.  Coby/Dustin, I need as many GoPro's as you can muster, Especially the Hero 2.  Beyond that I should have equipment very well covered but not enough man power to pull it off. 

I have talked to Dustin about being the star of the show and Im hoping that he will be able to, he is also helping where he can on some technical rigging gear. 

Wade, Tom L. (or Tom S.) or anyone else who would like, I could use some help with camera's, Rigging, and Audio. 

I have 4-5 positions:

DP - Director of Photography, that will be me.  Responsible for camera 1 and 2
B-unit Camera - Responsible for the second unit camera (3) and associated gear.
Audio/Cam3 - responsible for running camera 4 and capturing the audio, this would include boom mic holding and carting the gear around
Rigging - This person is responsible for helping move gear and rig really cool camera rigs that Dustin and I are working on.
Stage Manager - This person would help move gear and be responsible for helping make sure we aren't going to have safety issues with hikers or other riders, Also for using the radios to keep in touch.

As you could guess, Some of these positions could be merged or expanded as needed so the more help the better!

All Told, I should have something on the order of:

4 main cameras
4 GoPro's
audio gear
slider
line rig
ladder
2-3 tripods
Lenses
Misc rigging/Gaff gear

And as you can guess its way more work than I can manage on my own, but it should look amazing and be lots of fun!

I was thinking about Next Friday or Saturday evenings (21st or 22nd) from 500-900, that should give us enough time.

If it works for Dustin, I would like to go this Saturday evening as well to get the POV shots so they wont show in the wide shots. 

PLEASE email me if you would like to be involved, I think it will be a ton of fun.  Thanks.

Casting call

Posted on

Friday, September 14, 2012

Leave a Reply