Just a quick post to remind myself in a year, that riding is awesome.  I finished building my new wheels, and am now [finally] fully tubeless. 

The combination of the new fork with more travel and rake, and the higher volume, lower pressure tires conspire to make the blur the bike I always wanted it to be; plenty fast on the uphill, and what I would call "XC loose" or "trail tight" on the decent.  The original setup was just too twitchy on the decent for me and, frankly, wasn't a big enough difference between the S-works and the Blur to be able to ever choose between the two on a ride.  The S-works was like a track car on street legal tires, and the blur was like a sports car on racing tread, and I could never decide what was right for a given trail, the line was...blurred (sorry).  Now the blur has a nice "sports sedan" feel.  smooth, flowing, but forgiving and progressive.  in short...I'm loving it and choosing between the two is no longer a battle.  Fast and smooth (dog lake, slickrock, gooseberry mesa etc) S-works, flowing, variable or aggressive (the crest, rush, bobsled, etc) the blur.  Finally


I got to try it out on a morning ride with Wade, Petro and Coby at corner canyon yesterday (the 15th), heading up potato hill, up anns trail and down rush.  Going fast on the decent is about three things:  confidence in skill, bike/rider communication, circumstance (trail conditions, components, etc) and yesterday it was all clicking...well, with the exception that my brakes need to be bled BADLY.  I felt like at 8/10th I was going faster and easier than my normal 9 or 10/10th.  It was great, and it was fast.

So, although I don't have pictures or video of the ride (how many times do you need to see rush in video anyway) I want to remember this if I look back on this blog a year from now or in the winter and remember how awesome riding is.  I love it when a plan comes together.


View Anns To Rush 81512 in a larger map

Rush 8-15-12

Posted on

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Leave a Reply