So I didn't get an pictures, or not even a MyTracks, but Wade and I had a really great ride this last Saturday. 

Every time I ride the Quary trail I am reminded why I like it so much; I've never been the fastest climber, or the gustiest downhiller, but the ride I am today was molded on this trail and that is, technical.  I love technical riding!  Technical riding is the reason that slickrock, despite having ridden it 20 billion times, is still fun.  And its why this short little drop of a trail is so great.  It has at least 4-5 sections that are genuine technical hurdles, and not just for beginners or intermediates, there is some tough climbing AND descending on this trail.  Wade summed it up when he said that everything you need to learn about riding can be found on this trail. 

Its a mild uphill with a few strong pulls, it has technical uphills, tight descents with variable surface conditions and if you really want to get crazy, a little technical offshoot that has the slow speed curved and rock sections for some really great technical riding.  Add that in with the scenery, with the river and the granite boulders along the way and the fact that its close and short and...well it just has all the riding you need to get good and enjoy yourself doing it.

I think I am going to head out there again sometime this week or weekend, but armed with cameras and really capture, for the first time, the secret offshoot with technical sections.  If anyone is interesting in helping me out with a little film project and getting some good ridding in, please let me know. 

Temple Quary trail

Posted on

Monday, September 10, 2012

Leave a Reply